Welcome to the Control Freaks November blog tour! We’ve created Christmas projects for you to enjoy this month. If you’re following the tour, you’ve just come from Patty Bennett’s blog.
I have four projects to share with you this month — two Christmas cards and two 3-D projects.
I kept both cards very simple and monochromatic — I think I’ll be using both of these as my Christmas cards this year. 😉
PROJECT #1 – Raspberry Ripple Christmas Card
Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Black StazOn
Accessories: Holiday Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Holiday Ornaments Framelits Die, 3/4″ Circle Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Basic Black 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone, Stampin’ Dimensionals
PROJECT #2 – Melon Mambo Christmas Card
Stamps: Ornamental Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
Paper: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Brights DSP Stack (Melon Mambo), Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Melon Mambo, VersaMark
Accessories: Holiday Ornaments Framelits Die, Big Shot, Framed Tulips Folder, 3/4″ Circle Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestone, Whisper White 3/8″ Taffeta Ribbon
PROJECT #3 – Holiday Hershey Bar Covers
I am celebrating my 10-year anniversary with SU! this month and had a big party last weekend; these Hershey Bar covers were among several of the door prizes I gave away. They’re super easy to make using paper from the Festival of Prints DSP pack and the Window Frames Collection Framelits dies.
Here’s how to make them:
- Cut a piece of cardstock measuring 6-1/2″ x 6-3/4″.
- To score this piece, hold the cardstock so that the 6-1/2″ edge is running right to left and the 6-3/4″ edge is running top to bottom. Score at 3″ and 3-1/4″.
- The next step is to punch one 6-3/4″ edge with the Scallop Edge Border Punch, but make sure to punch the smaller-width panel. The best way to explain this is to fold the cover on the score lines — you’ll see that one flap is wider than the other (before punching with the border punch, the front flap will measure 3″ and the back flap will measure 3-1/4″). Punch the 3″ flap, which will then measure 2-3/4″ after punching.
- The front DSP panel measures 2-3/8″ x 6-1/2″. The inside DSP panel measures 3″ x 6-1/2″.
- The ribbon is tied around the entire cover to keep it closed.
Stamps: Friendship Preserves
Paper: Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: Lucky Limeade (marker), Early Espresso
Accessories:Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Scallop Edge Border Punch, 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (Real Red, Early Espresso, Old Olive), Stampin’ Dimensionals
PROJECT #4 – Holiday Hand Sanitizer Covers
These holiday hand sanitizer covers were SO MUCH FUN to make! I ended up making nine of these using the Snow Festival DSP to decorate each one — there are several adorable images of cardinals, owls, reindeer (and what I think is a hedgehog) to cut out and use as the main image. 🙂
There are many hand sanitizer cover templates around the internet, but I ended up making my own template to fit the bottle size that’s currently offered at Bath & Body Works. I do want to note, however, that the little button treatment was inspired by Kimberly Van Diepen.
Here are the directions:
- Cut two pieces of cardstock with one measuring 2″ x 11″ and the other measuring 2″ x 3-1/4″.
- Score the longer piece at 1/2″, 2″, 3″, 4-1/2″, 7-3/4″ and 9-1/4″.
- Punch this piece as shown below with the Curly Label Punch (I punched a piece of Post-it note paper and attached it to the cover to serve as a guide).
- Crease all score lines with a bone folder and then attach the 1/2″ flap to the back of the template with Sticky Strip. Attach the second panel that measures 2″ x 3-1/4″ to the front of the cover. Small pieces of Velcro were used to keep the cover closed.
Here’s a side view with it closed and standing upright:
And here are the other six covers:
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Paper: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, Snow Festival DSP
Ink: Black StazOn, Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Curly Label Punch, 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Brights Buttons, Subtles Buttons, Regals Buttons, Vintage Trinkets, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
To see the next blog, please click the link below. Connie Babbert is next! Thanks so much for taking the tour!